Note: These instructions relate to Redbird AATDs and require a basic familiarity with hand tools.
Download a pdf of the CPU Upgrade Instructions here.
- Un-pack CPU & extras:
- New CPU
- Power Cable
- Monitor Cable Adapters (x 4)
- Switch Panel Board & *Circuit Breaker Upgrade Kit
- *Twin Throttle Board
- Open CPU case, remove packing foam and check hardware connections.
- Please be very careful when removing packing foam.
- Check power-supply cables at both ends for loose connections.
- Press down firmly on memory and video cards to be sure they are well seated.
- Check data/power connections to the hard drive; be sure they are firmly seated.
- Hook up CPU according to diagram on top of case.
- Follow the diagram on top of the case when plugging cables into the new computer.
- Contact Redbird Support for clarification if unsure where a cable goes on the new CPU.
- Install Switch Panel Board & *Circuit Breakers.
- Align and configure your monitors with the new computer.
- Refer to Aligning and Configuring Monitors for instructions.
- Calibrate your peripheral devices (Throttle(s), Yoke(s), and Rudder Pedals).
- Refer to Peripheral Calibration Process for instructions on how to calibrate your peripherals.
- *Install Twin Throttle Board if applicable.
- Some users (depending on serial number) may not have to upgrade their Twin Throttle for compatibility with windows 7; users should only swap out the board if their twin throttle quadrant is inoperative after the upgrade.
- See: TE Throttle Board Swap for instructions.
- Return old/unused hardware to Redbird using the provided return labels.
- Ensure that all systems have been tested and are operational prior to shipping any old/unused hardware back.
- Please Include: Old CPU, power cable, twin throttle board, switch panel board, and any other unused hardware.
* = if applicable
Please contact Redbird Support if you have any issues during your upgrade.