Created on 1/13/2014 and last modified on 3/09/2015.
1- Important Information
- 1.2- Contact Us
2- “The Website”
- 2.1- The Redbird Flight Simulations Website
- 2.2- “Web Services”
- We use two primary third-party web services for Website hosting and functionality:
- Shopify: Our Store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
3- Information We Collect
- 3.1- When You Visit our Website
- You are free to explore the Website without providing any information about yourself. When you visit the Website, make a purchase, or fill out a form, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
- 3.2- "Personal Information"
- This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
- 3.3- "Navigational Information"
- This refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the "Navigation Information" section below.
- 3.4- Payment Information
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete a purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
- 3.5- Information About Children
- The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may delete the information.
4- How We Use Information We Collect
- 4.2- We Never Sell Personal Information
- We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
- 4.3- Use of Personal Information
- 4.4- Use of Navigational Information
- We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Website and the Redbird Landing Service. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about Redbird Flight and/or its subsidiaries.
- 4.5- Customer Testimonials and Comments
- We post customer testimonials and comments on our Website, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
- 4.6- Service Providers
- We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our Website, our customers, and users of the Redbird Landing Service and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
- 4.7- Security of your Personal Information
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When sensitive Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is collected on our Website and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- 4.8- Social Media Features
- 4.9- External Websites
- 4.10- Public Forums
- We offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request, as described in "Opting-Out and Unsubscribing" below.
- 4.11- Retention of Personal Information
- We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our products or services, and we then securely delete the information. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in "Opting-Out and Unsubscribing" below.
- 4.12- International Transfer of Information
- 4.13- Corporate Events
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Redbird Flight Simulations on the Website and the Redbird Landing Service.
- 4.14- Compelled Disclosure
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
5- Navigational Information
- 5.1- Cookies
- We use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Websites, or register for the Redbird Landing Service, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
- We have implemented and use Display Advertising and Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. This is done with the Google Display Ad Network and the DoubleClick cookie. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. Redbird Flight Simulations, our partners and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customized Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager and the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
- 5.2- Log Files
- We may collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites using log files that are not associated with your name or other personally identifying information. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the Website and the Redbird Landing Service, to maintain quality of the Website and The Redbird Landing Service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
- 5.3- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
- We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage the Website and The Redbird Landing Service by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers' Personal Information. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see "Opting-Out and Unsubscribing.
- 5.4- Single Sign-On
- You can log in to the Redbird Landing Service using a Single Sign-on (SSO) service like your Google account. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Such services may give you the option to post information about your activities on the Redbird Landing Service to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- 5.5- Third Party Tracking Technologies
6- Opting In and Unsubscribing
- 6.1- Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
- If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us.
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us.
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you.
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use.
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records.
- To opt out of being solicited by Redbird Flight Simulations, are partners, or third parties.
- 6.2- Email Types
- We send two types of email, Transactional and Promotional. Transactional emails are communications generated in the normal course of business and include account notices, order confirmations, and customer support emails. Promotional emails are marketing communications that include offers, promotions, news, content of interest, and special events.
- 6.2- Anti-Spam Policy
- We do not send unsolicited Promotional email in violation of applicable laws. All Redbird email subscriptions are “Opt-In” and every email address that receives a Promotional email has been submitted by a user or customer at some point. This submission can take place on the Website, other digital properties operated by Redbird Flight Simulations, at one of our physical locations, or during a marketing event. We include an "opt-out" mechanism in every Promotional email we send and other required information.
- 6.3- To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
- You may unsubscribe from our Promotional emails and other marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our Promotional emails, or by sending us email us at email@example.com, or by sending us postal mail to Redbird Flight Simulations, Inc. 2301 E St Elmo Rd, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78744 USA, Attn: Privacy. Customers cannot opt out of receiving Transactional emails related to their account with us or the Redbird Landing Service.
Hubspot, Shopify, and Google are registered trademarks of their respective companies.