Redbird Flight Simulations is transforming flight training through interactive simulation. We create immersive technology for innovative flight training, education, and enjoyment. We want to change the way the world perceives General Aviation.
We’re looking for a Software Developer to join our development efforts across all our platforms. The Developer will be part of a small, fast-paced team, designing and producing software systems for our simulators. S/he will be responsible for development and maintenance of middleware and server-side applications. S/he should have experience with C#/.NET, but also be excited by the prospect of learning new technologies at Redbird.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain middleware applications that integrate with simulation software and client-side applications
- Write clean, readable, maintainable code
- Interpret documentation for integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Maintain active communication, feedback loops, and task tracking via project management systems
- Communicate technical details to non-technical collaborators
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required
- 5+ years of C#/.NET/Windows applications experience in a production environment is required
- Proficiency using Git is required
- Understanding and experience with developing for Windows is preferred (registry keys, wql queries, etc…)
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and manage demands from several stakeholders
- Bonuses: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D and SimConnect development experience
- Game engine experience, mobile development, and a passion for aviation are also bonuses
This is a contract-to-hire or full-time position in Austin, TX. Contact us at: email@example.com.
- Our Story
- The State of Flight Training
- Upcoming Events
- Redbird Companies
- Simulator Financing