Redbird Flight Simulations is transforming flight training through interactive simulation, performance tracking, and training content delivery. We create immersive technology for innovative flight training, education, and enjoyment. We want to change the way the world learns to fly and make aviation more accessible to everyone that has an interest.
We’re looking for a Mobile Application Developer to join our development efforts supporting a new product focused on individual pilots. The Developer will be part of a small, fast-paced team, designing and producing mobile apps that interact with our simulators and cloud-based APIs. S/he will be responsible for development and maintenance of a mobile application code base and assist in the development of cloud and simulator based APIs. S/he should have experience with mobile and web technologies, ideally Flutter, and have a solid understanding of mobile app architecture. We’re looking for someone who is excited about building new things and breaking ground in an industry that desperately needs a fresh approach.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain mobile and web-based applications that integrate with simulation software and cloud APIs.
- Assist in the development of middleware that integrates with simulator software and cloud APIs.
- Write clean, readable, maintainable code.
- Interpret documentation for integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Maintain active communication, feedback loops, and task tracking via project management systems.
- Communicate technical details to non-technical collaborators.
- 3+ years experience delivering high-quality mobile experiences.
- Well versed in developing responsive websites with HTML, CSS, SASS, and/or LASS.
- Experience implementing MVC frameworks.
- Practiced in using Node.js based packaging and build tools.
- Familiarity with web services and REST APIs.
- Experience with version control systems, primarily Git.
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and manage demands from several stakeholders
- Bonuses: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D and SimConnect development experience
- Game engine experience, mobile development, and a passion for aviation are also bonuses
We offer competitive compensation, a flight training stipend, and unique, interesting work that directly impacts a industry ripe for disruption.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Story
- The State of Flight Training
- Upcoming Events
- Redbird Companies
- Simulator Financing