The Certification Manager acts as the liaison between the Redbird, our customers, and the government aviation authorities responsible of the certification and use of training devices and simulators around the world. This person is primarily responsible for ensuring the certification compliance of the simulators and for preparing all required documentation to assist customers in applying for and maintaining device certifications.
In many cases the Certification Manager will work directly with the customer, therefore it is crucial that they have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills so that they can represent the Redbird in a way that is consistent with our standards. In addition, it is expected that the certification manager will take an active role in all stages of the development process of new training devices and enhancements to ensure continued compliance.
- Private Pilot certificate or better
- An expert understanding of aerodynamics and the principles of flight
- Strong familiarity with FAA Regulations, particularly those pertaining to certification and use of training devices and simulators. (Experience with JAA/EASA regulations is a bonus)
- BS or MS in an Aviation or Engineering related field. (Aeronautical Engineering is a bonus)
- Experience with regulatory compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Highly thorough and detail oriented personality
If you think that you would be a good fit for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please reference “Certification Manager” in the subject line of your email.